OPEN DATE: 6/15/2021
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidate must be at least 18 years old and have a clean driving record.
Responsible for greeting customers, making them feel comfortable and ensuring that the experience they receive makes them want to return to Herzog’s Home Center and tell their friends about their experience. Tasks include providing assistance to customers in pulling their orders, inspecting merchandise and making returns, pulling orders from stock, loading orders onto delivery trucks and unloading stock as it comes in, and maintaining work area in a clean, safe and orderly manner.
- Greets customers when they enter the yard
- Loads and safely handles customer orders
- Maintains knowledge of proper identification of inventory items
- Locates and pulls correct items by type, style and quantity as directed by supervisor to fill order completely, quickly and accurately.
- Assists supervisor, other employees and other work areas as needed.
- Operates forklift to load and unload trucks as directed by supervisor*
- Assists truck drivers in loading merchandise and materials ensuring it is safely and properly handled to prevent damage
- Assists truck drivers in unloading of and returning of credit items and ensures items are returned to proper storage location
- Unloads incoming freight and checks count to see if it is correct
- Completes necessary reports, i.e., checks orders filled, checks material received and forklift inspection sheets
- Interacts in a positive, pleasant and prompt manner with customers in person and on the telephone
- Provides the highest level possible of service to all customers with the main objective of serving our retail customers
- Provides customers with information on additional items related to purchases made
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the products sold, product usage and new products on the market
- Maintains clean and litter-free environment
- Performs duties in a safe manner observing safe procedures while constantly alert to any unsafe working conditions
- Attends and participates in all company-sponsored training programs as required
- Promotes team concept
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Ability to do math, read orders, follow instructions
- Ability to communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and written skills
- Good interpersonal, communication and customer service skills both on the phone and in person
- Knowledge and ability to use safe lifting techniques
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours at a time
- Ability to reach overhead to grasp materials
- Ability to sit, climb or balance, lift, twist, and bend, stoop or squat to floor level on a repetitive basis
- Strength: maximum lift, carry, push or pull up to 100 pounds, frequently lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and reach with manual dexterity
- Vision (acuity, depth perception, field of vision, accommodation)
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Additional functions and duties may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
*Must successfully pass company-provided forklift operator training program and maintain authorization through safe operation and following of procedures.
EDUCATION: High School or Equivalent
This position is currently accepting applications