In the early 50’s, Robert Herzog purchased Kingston Lumber Company and the bordering cornfields. During the early 60’s, he created the Kingston Plaza (now a division of Herzog Supply Co.). This is where he developed what is now a 312,115 sq. ft. Home Center and a 34-store shopping center.
In March of 1957, Herzog’s had emerged as the leader in hardware and interior decorating while holding demonstrations at the store for their clientele.
1959 marked a half century of progress for Herzog Supply Company. It was the story of the growth of a private business from a small paint store opened in 1909, into a large, diverse organization which served a wide-spread area. They employed 55 local people, covered 6,500 square feet of floor space , and did so all while supplying 300 retail stores within a 80 radius.
Herzog’s had acquired 3 large warehouses and 4 company trucks. Benjamin Moore paints were featured exclusively.